Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

After a great weekend with the family back home I find myself standing outside with one of the two dogs my parents have.  As I wait for him to do his business I take a moment and just listen to the crickets and look up at the stars.  It is amazing how the stars are so clear down here, how it is so easy to get lost in their amazing beauty. 

As I head into the last three weeks of school, I am anxious, nervous, stressed, and feeling a bit lost.  I feel like school is the last thing on my mind and that all of my other priorities, jobs, CNA training, getting into the phlebotomy program at St. Kates, registering for classes in the fall, moving, etc, are getting in my way.  I am however extremely excited for graduation.  I will be the very last person to be announced at graduation because I am a multiple major and a W.  Hopefully that will not be awkward.  My ex-boyfriend is also graduating at the same time, luckily not his current girlfriend.  I am excited to be there with some of my good friends along side of me, it is nice to see all that I've accomplished and be recognized for it.  It's been a long and fast two years.  I'm ready for the next chapter of my life even though I have not quite gotten into school yet.  I am on the way to greater things and our 5 year highschool reunion is approaching.  I feel completely out of touch with these people and to be honest they are a part of my past that right now I want to keep in my past.  Debating on whether or not to go still.  

This upcoming week involves a lot of great people, great food, fun times, and a lot of hard work!  I'm excited about this new job I started but am finding it hard to have those at my old job let go of me so that I can start full time at this new job.  I can't wait for things to be past me and for only the good times, relaxation, and working to begin.  I am truly excited for this new chapter, turning a new leaf, and starting something completely unventured by myself.  I plan to live every day to the fullest, take time to thank those in my life, take time to appreciate the small things, and take time to see everything around me that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment