Sunday, April 10, 2011

Turning a New Leaf

April 10, 2011.  This seems like a good time to take a glance at my life, the things I'm doing wrong, the things I want to do, the things I am currently doing, and those that are important to me.  I realize that I participate in behaviors that I'm not necessarily proud of.  I think that in the last two years I have explored all the things I feel like I may have missed or not participated in from the beginning of college to end of Junior year.  During this time the focus of  my life was not school, it was not my famliy, and it was not myself, it was every single need of my boyfriend. 

Soon the trees will begin to grow new leaves and be full of life again.  It's time to make a change for good.  It's time for me to focus on me and only me.  My family, my friends, people I work with, and those I just meet take up a lot of my time and focus.  I rarely get time to focus on just me.  It's my turn.  I'll still be there for everyone and I will always worry about them, but I need to think about myself and be selfish for a bit. 

Life is starting to come together so I feel it's a good time to reevaluate and make some changes.  I'm ready for this new chapter of my life that I've been talking about.  I'm kind of ready to remake myself and be happy like I was for a short time a year and a half ago.  Having a new outlook on things (even though I've said it many times) I finally feel like I can make this happen for me.  I want to make a change, I want my life to go in the direction I've always imagined, and I'm finally to the point where I'm ready to make these things come true for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment